Install Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime
If you want to be able to open analyses and are using Microsoft Excel 2007 or Excel 2010, you must install Microsoft's Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (version 10.0.60724). This is not necessary for other supported versions of Microsoft Excel.
If you do not install this component, the COM add-in 'Profit Office Analysis' is not loaded in Microsoft Office.
Starting with Profit Update 2016.2.04, the Setup for the PCC automatically checks if Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime is installed. If this is not the case, VSTO is installed automatically.
Check in Microsoft Excel:
- Start Microsoft Excel.
- Go to: File / Options.
- Go to the tab: Add-ins.
- Select COM add-ins in Manage and click on Start.
This opens a window showing add-ins.
- Check if you can select the 'Profit Office Analysis' check box. If not, perform the following steps.
- Download 'Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime' using the following hyperlink:
- Install 'Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime' on the workstation you want to use to open analyses.
- Uninstall the Profit Communication Center.
- Use one of the following procedures to install the PCC on your workstation:
- Check if the COM add-in application can be loaded in Excel.