Record auto numbering
For each component, you configure the auto numbering so that Profit numbers data automatically as you add it. Always configure the auto numbering for organisations. For other parts, auto numbering depends on the settings:
- If both persons and organisations are numbered in the same range, do not configure the auto numbering for persons separately.
- If, for example, auto numbering for organisations also applies to linked purchase and sales contacts, do not configure their auto numbering separately.
You want Profit to assign numbers in the range P000010 up to and including P999990, in increments of 10 at a time. You set the auto numbering as follows:
- : P
- : 9
- : 10
The numbering will then be as follows: P000010, P000020, P000030, etc.: 7
You can use auto numbering for the following parts in Profit:
If you want to use auto numbering by default, set this in the auto numbering properties. You can then also specify if the user is allowed to deviate from the numbering suggested and if Profit has to display the assigned number in a message.
To record the auto numbering:
- Go to:
Profit displays the view with the data for which you can set auto numbering. / / / .
- Open the auto numbering properties.
For example, if you want the numbering of persons always to start with a, enter in the field.
For example, if you want the numbering of organisations always to start with an, enter in the field.
- In the
Each number that is assigned gets the maximum length. To achieve this, leading zeros can be placed in front of the number. The start value is increased by 1 for the next number to be assigned.
The length of the start value depends on the value in thefield and whether you entered a leader. If you do not enter the maximum number of positions, zeros are placed in front of the number.
The next number is P0000001.
If you want to start with P00001000, you enter 999 as the start value.
Profit always numbers consecutively based on the last number assigned.
Sales orders are numbered 6000300 to 6000899. Number 60000700 is not in use because this invoice has been deleted from Profit.
You change the start value to 400. If you add a sales order, it gets number 60000700. field, enter the first number of the number range you want to use.
- You can change the step size by entering the value the number must be increased with. By default, a step size of 1 is used.
Example: Step size
Numbering: 10010, 10020, 10030, etc.
- Enter the total number of positions that can be used for the numbering. The maximum total length of a number is 9 positions.
- Select the check box to apply auto numbering by default. You can always deviate from this later on by deselecting the check box in the relevant function. This is only allowed if you have selected the check box.
- Select the check box to report the automatically generated number. This message appears at the end of the wizard for adding data.
- Click on: .