You can import images, for example for persons, employees, employers (logos), projects, and articles.
You can import images with various file types, such as JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG and TIF. AFAS recommends using the JPEG format. This format takes up little storage space. Images are saved as .jpg or .gif files in Profit. When importing, the image is saved in its regular size and in a small size (thumbnail).
Make sure that the names of images match the codes for data in Profit. For articles, for example, ensure that the name of an image matches the code for the article in question. This allows you to create an import file in Microsoft Excel in which the code for the article and the image are linked.
In this example you import photos of employees. The name of the photo matches the code of the employee.
- Create an import file. Export the 'Export data to Excel' function. Save this export as a .csv file. view, for example, using the
- In the import file, add the field with the location (the path) of the files.
- Merge the name of the image with the file location. The following formula allows you to merge the file location, file name (the code of the employee) and the extension:
In AFAS Online, the name of the path has a different format.
- Go to: the import function (here: / / / ).
- Follow the regular procedure until you get to the fields.
- Drag the field from your import file (with the paths to the images) to the
- Complete the wizard.