Return a serial article
An article with a serial number can be returned. There are two possibilities:
- The article can no longer be used and should be written off.
- The article can still be used, perhaps after some work, and is returned into stock.
For articles with serial numbers you can specify that the article is 'durable' and thus an article that can be returned into stock. If this is not the case, the article is written off directly on return and so it is not returned into stock.
When a durable article is returned, you must specify whether the article can be reused straightaway or whether some work is first required. You can enter an indication with the serial number to make this distinction clear.
A serial number can be returned on both the purchase side and on the sales side.
You enter a serial number article that is returned using a negative packing slip or by entering stock (for instance, in a special warehouse).
To enter a returned serial article using a packing slip:
- Go to: / / .
- Click on: .
- Complete the fields in the entry layout header.
- Add the line.
- In , enter the number of units, preceded by a '-'. So enter '-3' if three articles are returned.
- Click on the action:
You now see a subwindow. or complete the line.
- Select the . You only see the serial numbers that have been sold.
- Complete the packing slip.