Start Profit Batch Service (local Profit installation only)
During the installation of Profit, the Profit Batch Service is installed but not enabled. You will therefore have to start the Profit Batch Service manually.. Also use this procedure to restart the service after you have made changes, or after running a Profit Update.
To start Profit Batch Service manually:
- Open Computer Management in one of the following ways:
- Right-click on 'This computer' and click on: 'Manage'.
- Click on: 'Start / 'Run', enter 'Services.msc' and press: Enter.
- Open the 'Services and Applications’ heading.
- Click on: 'Services'.
- Right-click on ‘Profit Batch Service’.
- Click on: 'Start'.
The ‘Status’ column indicates that the service has started.
Users can see an extra icon on the right in the Windows launchbar. Messages from the Profit Batch Service are shown in this icon.