You can invoice the instalments individually or in batches. This is based on a number of assumptions. For this, the following is assumed:
- An instalment always results in an invoice one-on-one, meaning Profit does not generate any invoices on which multiple instalments are collected.
- Profit does not include the actual costing lines invoiced on a 'cost-plus basis' to an instalment invoice, meaning these will be continue to be invoiced using the 'Automatic project invoices'.
- You can manually add invoice lines to an instalment invoice when you change invoices.
Profit supplies a separate layout for the instalment invoices. When the print layout is determined, the following order is applied: Project - Sales contact profile - Settings.
You generate an instalment invoice like an automatic project invoice. To this the following applies:
- The ID of the instalment invoiced is entered in the field on the lines of the invoices.
- The work type is copied from the instalment invoiced to the lines of the invoices; the VAT rate code is determined by this work type.
- If is selected in the invoicing settings, the project is also entered in the invoice header.
- The number in the lines is always 1, the price and amount fields are completed from the instalment, meaning that the fields in the base currency are not recalculated.
Invoice the instalments:
- Go to: / / .
- Select the correct view, for example .
- Select the lines that you want to invoice, namely those with the check box selected.
- Click on the action: .
- If applicable, select a different date to use as the invoice date in .
- Select the
If you do not want to print/e-mail the invoices now, you can do so later on using the Output action in the view.
If you opt for automatic invoicing you generate the invoices immediately, even if you decide not to print the invoices using thewizard. Because there is a record of an invoice already created for the contacts/participants, these lines are subsequently no longer visible in the function. In that case, you can only print/e-mail the invoices from the Invoice view. check box if you want to issue (print/e-mail) the invoices immediately.
- Click on:
You now see all lines that still have to be invoiced..
- Select the lines for which you want to generate an invoice. Use the shortcut to select all the lines shown at once. You can undo this using the shortcut.
- Click on: .
If you have selected the check box for issuing the invoices using thewizard, the wizard now starts. You cannot select any invoices in the wizard if you start the wizard via automatic invoicing.