In Profit you can authorise groups and users for tabs in property windows.
You can authorise tabs on the following levels:
- : the group/user has no access to the tab. He cannot view the tab, nor can he add, change or delete any data.
- : the group/user can view the data on the tab, but cannot change it.
- : the group/user can view and change the data on the tab.
The effective rights per user consist of:
- All the group rights of the user. If the user is authorised for a certain tab via several groups, the most extensive authorisation applies.
- Any deviations are set at user level, these supersede group rights. Here you can both expand and limit access.
- Authorise a group for tabs
You should preferably authorise tabs for groups. This keeps the authorisation clear and makes it easier to manage.
- Authorise a user
A user is given the rights for a tab as they are set for the groups of which he is a member. You can set exceptions per user.
- Show authorisation per user
For each menu item, action or tab you can view which users are authorised to use them.