Configure projects in InSite
Before you can use Projects with Project Self Service in InSite and/or OutSite, you must first configure the functionality.
Before your InSite users can access the Projects portal, you must add the menu to the site and activate the page types for Projects in the site.
If you add the Projects menu to the site, you automatically have access to a basic page, a default project page with basic information, for viewingand .
If you want to use thefunctionality in InSite, you need to configure and add project profiles. A project profile contains a kind of basic configuration with preferred values and field settings. Profit automatically generates a profile-specific page in InSite for each project profile that you add in Profit. This page is automatically shown to the user in the profile choice in InSite.
You can also activateif you want to make the , , , , and functionality available in the Projects menu.
As a Site manager you can specify what the user of a project is allowed to see according to the authorisation model below:
Projects authorisation model in InSite/OutSite
The authorisation model determines what a user of a project is allowed to see depending on his role in the relevant project.
This model distinguishes between project team members and parties interested in the project:
- In InSite/OutSite, project team members always see the project page that belongs to their team role, that is, if their authorisation role allows them access.
- Interested parties are divided into two groups:
- InSite/OutSite users that have no role or interest within the project.
- Project group managers that have the final responsibility for a project without having a role within the project.
Schematically, the authorisation model for Projects in InSite/OutSite looks as follows:
With this authorisation model, as the Site manager you can determine what the project detail page for the project group managers, interested parties and team members looks like.
- You can specify that in InSite the project group managers have the opportunity to view projects in great detail, despite the fact that they do not have any direct role in the team of a project. To configure it, assign the project group managers via the project groups.
- You can make the basic project page accessible to interested parties. The basic page also serves as a source for the pages for team members and the roles they play in the team.
- For team roles you can specify per team role whether the basic page is visible to this role or whether a specific project page needs to be created for the relevant role.
By default AFAS supplies the page for the project group manager and the page for the interested parties. You can change these to suit your preferences. In addition, you can create or link a specific team role page per team role. You can also give external team members (contacts) access to your project data using OutSite, and (especially) for those roles you can create specific pages.
Depending on the role somebody has, InSite/OutSite determines which project page should be displayed:
- Project page for the project group manager: (Projectgroep manager)
- Project page for a specific team role: (Name of team role)
- Basis project page:
The Open project details process:
- Activate page types for Projects
For the Projects portal, you activate thepage types. You can also activate if you want to make the functionality available and activate for viewing teams.
- Create a menu item for Projects
You add the Projects menu item to the site. On this portal page, the data of Projects are automatically available. You can also make the cost estimate available in the menu and add the following options for actual costing:, , , , .
- Configure project profiles
Using a project profile, you can record the behaviour of fields and the preferred values for a number of project data. This way, you record a basic project type with a basic configuration. This simplifies and speeds up the addition of similar projects.
- Configure a basic page for Projects
By default AFAS supplies a basic page for projects for users interested in InSite and/or OutSite. This basic page displays basic information with project details, not per team role, but across all team roles. As a site manager, you can change the basic project page in InSite and/or OutSite.
- Set up a project page for a specific team role
As Site manager, you can configure and maintain a specific project page for each team role in InSite and/or OutSite. You use a specific team role page to specify the project data that should be visible in InSite and/or OutSite for team members with this role.
- Configure a project group manager page
You can assign a separate job, i.e. project group manager, to a project group. In InSite the project group managers have the opportunity to view projects in great detail, despite the fact that they do not have any direct role in the team of a project. For example, executives or department managers. As a site manager you can maintain these pages for project group managers.