Stock shortage to pending order
A pending order is an order that is not getting delivered yet.
A 'pending order' can be created ifhas been specified as the stock check method for the article. In that case, if a stock shortage is detected for a sales order line, you will be asked if you want to transfer the entire order line to a pending order. If you answer 'Yes', you see the result in the field.
No stock is reserved for a pending order, because you always determine when the articles will be delivered yourself, provided there is sufficient stock. However, you can use the Order planning function to allocate a purchase order, after which the packing slip will be generated.
If you want to use this function, it is important to include thefield in the sales order entry layout.
Transfer a sales order with a stock shortage to a pending order - stringent stock check:
- You create a new sales order for article 1000. For article 1000, the
At the time of entering the sales order, there is insufficient stock of article 1000.
That is why a message appears that informs you there is insufficient stock and asks you if you want to transfer the line to a pending order. has been set to .
- Click on:
The entire quantity of the sales order line for the article is now transferred to a pending order. If you have not configured an Order proposal provision for this article, the order line will not be delivered automatically. Neither can you generate a packing slip based on a pending order line. A purchase order is not generated either.
You now have to add a purchase order manually, enter the goods receipt and manually deliver this sales order.
To manually retrieve articles from a pending order if there is sufficient stock:
- Go to: / / .
- Open the properties of the sales order with the article in the pending order.
- Select the correct entry layout.
- Go to: the line with the article in the pending order. For example, for the line with article 1000 10 units are on a pending order.
- Set the quantity to 0 (zero) or reduce the quantity.
- Now create a packing slip.
- The article is included in the packing slip because there is sufficient stock. if there is insufficient stock, a message appears again.