Process a collection order via the bank link (AFAS Online)
If you have activated the bank link with the Rabobank for collections, you generate the collection file and the communication service automatically sends the collection file to the Rabobank as a message. You then sign the file in the internet banking application of the bank, a few minutes after you have processed the collection order. You can also reject the file.
You can view the send status of the order on thetab of the properties of the collection order.
Signing the file is not explained in the Profit Help. If you have any questions about this, please contact the bank.
In addition to sending the file, Profit performs the following actions:
- The collection order gets the status.
- The outstanding items are written off against the account; for more information see the description of journalising.
To process a collection order via the bank link:
- Go to: / / .
- Select the order.
- Click on:
Profit launches a wizard for sending the collection file if you have set thefor the selected bank account number. If not, the default wizard for saving the collection file is launched. .
- Decide whether you want to save a copy of the collection order as a file.
- If you select this check box, Profit creates a copy of the file in , which is the default file location for domestic payments as set for the bank account number. You can change this field. In , Profit enters followed by the file name generated for the communication with the Bank Integration Service of AFAS. Profit saves the collection file in a temporary directory.
- If you deselect this check box, Profit empties the and fields and you cannot change these fields.
- Indicate whether Profit should generate an order letter for your bank.
- Click on:
Profit will show the order letter immediately, but you can also retrieve it later using theaction. Do not forget to sign the order letter before sending it to the bank.
The communication service sends the collection file to the Rabobank as a message. You can retrieve messages that are ready in the communication service via General / Communication service / Send and receive and process via General / Communication service / Process messages. You can start this process manually.
When you have sent the communication message, you receive a confirmation from the BIS (Bank Integration Service) stating that the message has been received and will be sent to the bank (with 'Bank Integratie Service - Incasso-opdracht' or 'Bank Integration Service - Collection order', 'Retourbericht' or 'Return message' as the message sub type). Sending the message to the bank can take some time (max 15 minutes). After that, the collection or payment file is visible on the Rabobank portal.
As soon as Rabobank receives the collection order, the bank will send you a status notification message to confirm the receipt. You receive this message in the communication service (with 'Bank Integratie Service - Retour bericht' or 'Bank Integration Service - Return message', 'AFAS Bank Integratie Service - Status - SEPA ontvangen' or 'AFAS Bank Integration Service - Status - SEPA received' as the message sub type)..
- You sign the file a few minutes after you have processed the collection order and received the receipt confirmation.
After you have signed the collection order on the site of the bank, you receive a message from the communication service (with 'Bank Integratie Service - Retour bericht' or 'Bank Integration Service - Return message', 'AFAS Bank Integratie Service - Status - SEPA verwerkt' or 'AFAS Bank Integration Service - Status - SEPA processed' message sub type). If you do not sign but reject (delete) the collection order in the bank's internet banking application, you receive a message with the 'AFAS Bank Integratie Service - Status - SEPA afgekeurd' or 'AFAS Bank Integration Service - Status - SEPA rejected' message sub type.
- You can check if the messages have been received and processed correctly via the communication service. If an error occurs while sending it is logged as .
- Check the send status of the order on the