Copy link

Add a correction period to a closed financial year

You add a correction line to the salary processing plan of the preceding year, if you want to process RAE entries for the preceding financial year. You create the desired correction period in the salary processing plan of the employer in question. Profit adds the correction period to the salary processing plan after the last period for the year concerned. When you start processing the correction period, Profit will reprocess all periods in the preceding year starting with period 1.


Period 12 is the last period in the salary processing plan. If you add a correction period to the closed financial year, Profit adds it after period 12. If you are only posting an RAE entry for period 9, Profit includes the entry in the processing of the correction period in the closed financial year.

In case of RAE entries related to sub-employers, you must create the correction line in the main employer's salary processing plan. This correction line also applies to the linked sub-employers. Profit automatically passes on RAE entries for preceding years to the sub-employers in question in the current year (unless the first period of the current year has not yet been processed). This causes RAE entries in the current year to be created for this sub-employer.

You can also record a correction period in a financial year that precedes the preceding financial year.


You are working in the 2016 financial year and enter a correction period for 2014. In this situation, Profit does not create a correction line for the intermediate financial years (2015, in this example). However, you can manually add correction periods to the intermediate financial years.

You can also use the HR / Payroll / Salary processing cockpit action via New to add a correction period to a closed financial year.

To add a correction period to a closed financial year:

  1. Go to: HR / Organisation / Employer.
  2. Open the employer’s properties.
  3. Go to the tab: Salary processing plan.
  4. Click on: New.
  5. Select the Create correction period in closed year option.
  6. Click on: Next.
  7. Select the desired combination of period table and financial year.

     You cannot enter RAE entries across years in financial years before 2006.

  8. Click on: Next.
  9. Follow the instructions given by the wizard. and enter the remaining data. The procedure is the same as when you enter a correction line in the current year, with the exception of the following:
    • In the last window of the wizard, you can select various check boxes for the 'PLO'. You should be careful here. Contact the relevant pension fund about the delivery of corrections.
    • You can link a deviating journal structure to the correction period. This option is mainly intended for organisations that have changed the journal structure, making journalising of the preceding year based on the journal structure for the current year undesirable.

      If you do not yet have the required journal structure, you can add it by selecting HR / Payroll / Configuration / Journal structure. Using this function, you can also copy an existing journal structure and adjust the copy. Then link the journal structure to the correction line.

  10. Click on: Finish.

Directly to

  1. RAE across years
  2. Add a correction period to a closed financial year
  3. Add a wage entry
  4. Initiate an RAE entry across years for the employee
  5. Process a correction period in a closed financial year
  6. Change the ‘BT’ annual wage
  7. Wage declaration and RAE across years
  8. Generate the annual statement for an employee


Retroactive effect (RAE)