Copy link

Process a correction in a closed financial year

You can process corrections to preceding wage years in a separate correction period. In the Salary processing cockpit, you process this correction period in the usual way.

To process corrections in preceding years, add a correction period to the closed financial year.

When you process a correction in a preceding financial year, Profit reprocesses all employees in all periods of the preceding financial year. Profit also reprocesses the current year for employees that have had an RAE entry in the preceding financial year. It is not possible to exclude employees from the processing.

It can happen that entries which have never been processed appear after the processing of the correction period in the closed financial year. To minimise the chance of this happening, we recommend that at the end of the wage year you initiate an RAE entry, as from period 1, and process this in a correction period.

To process a correction period in a closed financial year:

  1. Go to: HR / Payroll / Salary processing cockpit.
  2. Select the correction period of the closed financial year.
  3. Click on the action: Process.
  4. Click on: Yes.

    In case of a correction across years, Profit reprocesses all periods of the wage year for all employees. The processing therefore takes longer.

  5. View and check the processed correction period.

    You can use the default view and check functionalities for this.

  6. Click on the action: Approve.
  7. Click on: Yes.

    If you do not approve the correction period, you cannot process the next period in the current year, unless you give Profit permission to delete the processed correction period.

    For the processed correction period, you can generate the payment files, print pay slips and perform a correction to the wage declaration. You can also print new annual statements for the relevant employees. For the purpose of journalising the period, you can link a deviating journal structure in the salary processing plan.

Directly to

  1. RAE across years
  2. Add a correction period to a closed financial year
  3. Add a wage entry
  4. Initiate an RAE entry across years for the employee
  5. Process a correction period in a closed financial year
  6. Change the ‘BT’ annual wage
  7. Wage declaration and RAE across years
  8. Generate the annual statement for an employee


Retroactive effect (RAE)