Post cash entries
You make cash entries in the cash book.
To make a cash entry:
- Go to: / / .
- Check and . These are the financial year and the period to which you post the entry.
- Select the cash book.
- Click on: .
- Copy the following data:
- Do not enter the .
- Enter a ledger account number.
In this field you can also select a debtor or creditor so that you can write off an outstanding item. When you make a cash sales entry, you can select a turnover account.
- Enter the cash voucher date in the field.
- Enter the voucher number in or accept the voucher number displayed.
- If applicable, select a . Profit will use this to calculate the .
- Enter the amount as received or spent.
If a negative cash balance arises, Profit displays a message if thefield has been set accordingly in the journal properties. If a negative cash balance arises, check that you have entered the cash vouchers in the correct sequence. A negative cash balance cannot actually exist and the Tax Authority checks for this.
- Press: Enter or Tab.
Profit splits the gross amount into a net amount and a VAT amount, based on the VAT code. Your cash voucher has a gross amount. In order to maintain an overview when making an entry, Profit displays the original amount entered (= gross amount) in thecolumn, assuming you have added this column to the entry layout.
- Enter all cash vouchers.
If you completed the, Profit checks if the closing balance has been reached. If this is not the case, you cannot complete the entry. If the check balance has been reached (or if you had not entered it), the closing balance of the journal is displayed as the check.
- Click on: .