View a trial balance
The trial balance provides an overview of your debit and credit totals and the balances of your ledger accounts. You can use this information to check and draft your balance sheet and profit and loss account. This overview contains the figures from the period you selected and from a particular time frame so you can compare annual and period figures to one another.
You compare the figures from the current year with the figures from the first quarter of the current year.
You compare the figures from the first quarter and the second quarter of the current year.
View a trial balance
You can display the trial balance via a view.
To display a view:
- Go to: / / / .
- Select the current financial year, the desired period (1 to 12) and the desired timeframe.
Theis based on periods that fall in the selected period range.
- In , select .
- Set the display of level totals.
- Click on:
You see theview:
- The column contains the account balances at the beginning of the financial year.
- You see the number of the level in the column.
- The time frame columns pertain to the time frame you entered in the preceding window.
- In addition, you also see columns with annual totals, previous year balance sheet balance and the balance difference between this year and the previous year.
- In the trial balance or extended trial balance, you see the account number for the result. You will see the balance on this ledger account as the opening balance, which is actually the balance from the preceding financial year. At the very bottom of the trial balance or extended trial balance, you see the Total Result. This is the result for the current financial year. The final balance of the result is automatically used as the opening balance for the next financial year.
You set the ledger account for the result in the administration settings. You change the profit and loss account by selecting Financial recalculation option./ / , going to the tab, and changing the field. Next, you must run the
You view or change entries using theand actions. .
- You can zoom in on a ledger account by double-clicking on a ledger account line. Profit then shows the underlying entries. In the properties window, navigation buttons are available that allow you to quickly and easily view the entries of the next and previous ledger accounts.
By zooming in on the overview, you can use theaction on the Entries tab to open the attachment to a journal entry.
On thetab in the properties, you can also view the entries for the previous year.
- Go to the tab: to see the entries for the previous year.
If this tab is not visible, you can authorise it using the tab authorisation.
When displaying a trial balance, if Profit shows lines without entries even though you did not select the view and delete the and fields.check box in the selection window, then the and columns contain values and you have made entries on the accounts displayed even though these accounts do not contain any values this year. If you do not want Profit to show these lines, add a
View the trial balance report
You can also view the trial balance using a report.
- Go to: / / .
- Open the report: