Set a credit limit check
In the entry layout you can specify whether you want to check the credit limit when an order is added. You can set this up for the order and the quotation. You record the credit limit itself at the sales contact level.
Profit checks the credit limit using the following formula: Credit limit -/- (Outstanding balance + Amount of outstanding packing slips + Amount of invoices not journalised + Quotation/Order amount).
You can set the credit limit check for orders and for quotations. In this description, you can substitute quotation for order.
Check the credit limit
You have the following information for a sales contact:
- Credit limit: €5,000
- Outstanding balance: €4,000
- Amount of invoices not yet journalised: €400
The sales contact's credit amount is: €5,000 -/- (4,000 + 400) = €600. You can still add a quotation or an order with a value of €600 or less. If you add an order or quotation for an amount greater than €600, Profit reports that the credit limit has been exceeded and Profit may block the order or quotation.
To set the credit limit check:
- Go to: / / .
- Open the entry layout properties select the entry layout for orders or quotations. You can also select a default entry layout supplied with Profit and click on the action.
- Go to the tab: .
- Select a value for
to specify how you want to check the credit limit:
- option - Credit limit is not checked.
- - Profit checks the credit limit. If the credit limit is exceeded, Profit reports this.
- - Profit checks the credit limit. If the credit limit is exceeded, Profit reports this and Profit blocks the order.
- - Profit checks the credit limit. If the credit limit is exceeded, Profit blocks the order.
- Click on: .