Record dossier items using the Profit Communication Center
If you have InSite and you have installed the PCC, you have the following options:
- Record dossier items from Office applications as dossier items.
- Edit attachments (Word/Excel) to dossier items.
The PCC also offers many other options.
The Profit Communication Center allows you to register files in Profit as dossier items. These are files from Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Windows Explorer. For supported versions of Microsoft Office in combination with the Profit Communication Center, please refer to the platform support.
The maximum size of the files that you can register using the Profit Communication Center is 30 MB. You can register larger files in Profit by submitting a dossier item in Profit Windows.
In addition to Office documents, you can also register other document types, such as .TXT and .PDF files, as well as many graphics types.
You can, for example, register (scanned) documents that you have received and add them to organisations or persons, purchase contacts or sales contacts in the form of a dossier item with an attachment.
You receive the PDF document Sales_proposal.pdf from your supplier EnYoi.
You register this PDF using the Profit Communication Center. This creates a dossier item for the sales contact with Sales_proposal.pdf as an attachment.
- Install and configure the Profit Communication Center
The system or application administrator configures the environment.
Every user who wants to use the Profit Communication Center must install this application and link it to an environment.
- Link an environment to the Profit Communication Center
If you have multiple environments, link the environments one after another to the PCC.
- Configure a dossier for InSite
To be able to submit dossier items via InSite, some additional configuration is required.
- Microsoft Office support
Starting with Update 2016.2.08 the 64-bit version of Office is fully supported. Up to Update 2016.2.06, you must use the 32-bit version of Office when using the PCC to record attachments from Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Check the dossier item type
Use this topic if a dossier item type is not available for the PCC.
- Record an Office document as a dossier item (Profit Communication Center)
- Record an e-mail message (Outlook) as a dossier item
- Use the Explorer to record a file as a dossier item
- Use InSite to edit an attachment to a dossier item
- Use Profit Windows to edit an attachment to a dossier item