Sort a view
Profit displays the data in a view in a table format. A view allows you to sort by all columns.
Sort lines with a hotkey:
- Use the Tab button to go to the column you want to sort.
- Press Shift+Ctrl+S.
To sort lines using the mouse:
In this example you sort financial entries by ledger account number.
- Go to: the function.
- Double-click on the column header of the column you want to sort.
The triangle in the column header indicates the sorting.
- Double-click on the column header again to reverse the sorting.
The last-used sorting order was saved when the view was exited. The next time you open this window, Profit will display the view as it was in the last-used sorting.
Sort lines using the shortcut menu:
- Right-click on the column header and select an option.
- Click on the arrow in the right corner of the column header and select an option.
Sort by multiple columns:
- Double-click on a column for the main sort.
- Hold the Ctrl key down while you double-click the second, third and successive columns for the sub-sorts (see the number of triangles).