Block entering the actual costing in a closed period
You can prevent employees from entering actual costing in a closed period by using multiple entry layouts and by configuring these in a certain way. This way of configuring works for the entry of the actual costing in Profit.
To define an entry layout:
The below description applies to theand entry layouts.
- Go to: / / .
- Select the entry layout.
- Make a copy of this entry layout and give it a clear description.
Create multiple entry layouts, for instance one for the month of June, one for July or do this for weeks.
- Adjust the new entry layout.
For a detailed description of how to do this please refer to the Change an entry layout section.
- Enter a preferred value in the
Go to thetab. Select the field in the left column, enter the preferred value on the right and select the check box. Do the same for the field. Specify to which extent users are still allowed to enter hours in a certain period, at the transition to the next period. After a period has ended, users are often allowed to keep entering hours for a few days. The same applies to entering in a next period. and fields.
- Make the entry layout available to the employees.
- If you want to use the same entry layout for everyone, block all copies of the entry layout with the exception of the one that you want to use.
- If you want to make a deviating entry layout available to (groups of) users, you arrange this via the Definition group. A detailed description of how to do this can be found in the Set an entry layout's properties topic in combination with authorise by Definition group. You can also use the definition data filters.
- If you have activated multiple entry layouts, the user is automatically given the choice between the entry layouts for which he is authorised.
When you start creating and delivering reports, you must adjust the period to make certain that the entry layout of the closed period is no longer suitable for by the employees. Of course, you have an entry layout available for corrections for one or two employees.