In Profit, you can use packagings. You link packaging articles to normal articles after which the packaging articles are always entered together with the linked article in the order process.
In Profit Subscriptions, you cannot use articles and assembled items that have packagings linked to them. In addition, in Profit Projecten you do not have the option of registering the consumption of packagings.
Use this functionality to add and link packaging articles to 'real' articles.
When adding order lines with the 'real' article, Profit automatically adds a line with the linked packaging article. You can add extra packaging lines manually or link multiple packaging articles.
Besides the regular packaging, you can also use returnable packagings. These are packagings for which a deposit is charged. In Profit, a disposal fee is also considered to be a packaging article because it is linked to a regular article although, strictly speaking, it is a reservation.
There is a difference between Profit Projecten and Profit Order management in the use of packaging. If you create an invoice in Profit Order management with articles to which packaging articles (packaging, returnable packaging and/or disposal fee) are linked, these packaging articles are always included automatically. This is also the case for Profit Projecten invoices that you create using Profit Order management.
But if you invoice Profit Projecten using actual costing, the packaging articles are not included!
Packaging and returnable packaging
- Bakeries first put their loaves of bread in bread bags (packaging) and then ship a quantity of loaves in a crate (returnable packaging).
You can also use multiple packagings when shipping an article:
- a cake is packaged in foil (packaging) and multiple cakes are packaged in a box (secondary packaging). These boxes are shipped in crates (returnable packaging) that are stacked on a pallet (returnable packaging).
- Soft drinks are packaged in bottles (the bottle is now both packaging and returnable packaging), the bottles are then put into crates (returnable packaging) and these crates are stacked on a pallet (returnable packaging).
- Configure packagings, returnable packagings and disposal fee
If you want to use regular packaging articles or specific packaging articles such as returnable packagings or disposal fees, you must first configure this.
- Enter regular packaging in sales orders
If you make an entry for an order line to which a packaging article is linked then you make an entry for the packaging article automatically. You can view the entry of the packaging article by using thebutton in the entry layout.
- Enter returnable packaging in sales orders
If you make an entry for an order line for an article that is linked to a packaging article of the type returnable packaging, the entry for the packaging article is also made automatically. You can view the entry for the packaging article using thebutton in the entry layout.
- View the returnable packaging administration
A returnable packaging administration tracks the returnable packaging that, in theory, should be found at a sales contact. In practice, this may not be so because the supplier cannot influence what the sales contact does with the returnable packaging. You can therefore use the returnable packaging administration as an indication, but it will never describe the actual situation.
- Enter return packaging
Return lines are packaging lines for which thefield has the value . You can include the packaging articles in the sales process so that you can combine the sale of a regular article with that of the packaging article.
- Add a disposal fee
The disposal fee is a surcharge on commercial used, sold articles that must be recycled.