Configure a bank account for the automatic refunding of debtors
In the properties of your own bank account number, you specify the file location an name of the refund file, the journal and the contra account for entering the payments in transit. You also link the appropriate report for the order letter and payment specification for refunding debtors. You configure this per bank account number.
To configure a bank account number for automatic debtor refunds:
- Go to: / / / .
- Open the properties of the bank account number.
- Go to the tab: .
- Enter the file details for the payment file.
It is sensible to give the file name a correct extension. For 'SEPA' we recommend ‘.XML'. For example, SEPA_Terugbetaling.xml.
- Select a value for
Select the value in thefield if you want to generate the file for the payment order for debtors in SEPA format.
In this case, you also need to check if the debtor bank account number is an IBAN bank account number before you can generate a refund file in SEPA format. This is necessary for SEPA..
- Select the check box if, immediately after adding the payment order, you want to launch the wizard for processing (generating) the payment file.
- Select the journal and the suspense account for the entry of payments in progress.
- Enter a minimum and maximum amount per creditor and record a maximum amount per order if necessary.
- Select the report for the order letter for refunding debtors in .
- Select the specification report for refunding debtors in .
- Click on: .