You use an order to purchase products or work activities (items). By adding an order, you put the purchased units on order. When the goods are received you convert the order into a goods receipt.
Purchase orders can be added manually or using the order proposal. Generally, you can purchase all items. Just as with sales orders, Profit updates the stock for purchase orders.
When a purchase order is processed, the following aspects are important for stock:
- Backorders present: The Backorder quantity or the Reserved on backorder quantity is updated.
- No backorders present: The On order quantity is updated.
If you add a purchase order with a date in the past, Profit always uses the system date (i.e., the current date) to add stock entries for orders for articles for which you are tracking the stock.
When configuring the order process, you determine the auto numbering, add entry layouts and reports and specify values for the general settings and the entry layouts.
- Add a purchase order
You add an order to purchase items from a purchase contact. With the addition of an order you set the stock of the items (for which you are tracking the stock) added to the order, on order. You add a new order by entering it manually or you copy a basic order to the order.
- Add purchase orders using order proposals
You can generate purchase orders automatically using the order proposal. In this case, Profit itself determines the quantities of articles that must be purchased.
- Add purchase orders by copying order lines
During the addition of order lines to an order, you can copy from all kinds of orders. You can copy order lines from a basic order, goods receipt or another order to the order being added.
- View a purchase order
You can use different functions for viewing purchase orders. You can view them:
- In the properties of an added order. Depending on the order status you can change the order here.
- On the Orders tab in the purchase contact properties, you can view the orders and order lines that have been added for the purchase contact in question.
- On the Purchase order lines tab in the article properties, you can view the order lines for the article in question.
- On the Purchase order lines tab in the project properties, if you are using the integration of Projects with Order management.
- Send a purchase order to a purchase contact
After generating a purchase quotation, purchase order or invoice, you issue it to the purchase contact by e-mail or in print.
- Allocate purchase orders to sales orders
Sales orders are linked to purchase orders using the order proposal. You can change this link and allocate the purchase order to a (different) sales order. The overview also shows which purchase orders and sales orders are still outstanding for a particular article.
- View purchase allocation to sales orders
You can view which sales order a purchase order is allocated to. This is important if there is not enough stock for a particular article. If there is not enough stock, a purchase order must be created.
- Change purchase contacts in active orders
You can still change some data in the header of a purchase/sales order, counter/direct invoice, cost estimate or quotation after you have completed it. For example, you can change the contact or the VAT duty. A prerequisite is that the order has the Active status and the cost estimate has the Current status. When you change the contact, Profit automatically redetermines the contact data based on the VAT, currency, etc. The lines retain the price of the original contact. If required, you can change it manually.
- View blocked orders
You view blocked orders when adding a purchase order.
- Release a blocked purchase order
You can release blocked orders.
- Complete purchase orders manually
You complete an order manually if it is partially received and the remainder of the order no longer needs to be received.
- Import purchase orders
You can import a purchase order. You can only import new purchase orders including the corresponding order lines.
- Add a goods receipt from the purchase order
You can add a receipt directly from an order.
- Order planning
You can view your orders, cost estimate and assemblies and allocate them per article.