Add a user
You add all the users who should have access to Profit.
Each user - and therefore also a new user - automatically is a member of thegroup and has the associated rights. After adding the user, you can assign the other rights by including the user in the correct groups.
Your licence determines the maximum number of active users. You can add more users than the maximum number, but in that case you must block the surplus number of users present.
It is possible to use preferred values. In this case, these preferred values apply when creating both regular users and system users.
When hiring a new employee, you must first add him/her to Profit HR as an employee. This automatically creates a new person in Profit CRM.
You then add the user in the link the new user to the person (and as such to the employee).. In doing so, you can automatically
To view the maximum number of users:
- Go to: / / .
- Click on:
To add a user:
- Go to: / / .
- Go to the tab: .
- Go to: / (or click on ).
- Profit starts the wizard for adding a person. Enter the personal details. You do not need the for the authorisation, but it can be useful to have them available.
- Click on: .
If you use Windows authentication, the Profit user name must exactly match the user name of the user's Windows account.
Avoid general user names such as.
User names for AFAS Online always consist of the participant number, a period and the user code, for example 12345.BKR. The user has to log on under the name AOL\12345.BKR. enter the user code/user name. The user must enter this code/name when logging on to Profit.
- Enter a description if the field allows this (for a person, enter the name).
- Enter a password and confirm it. Do not enter a password for Windows authentication or AFAS Online.
Profit will check if you use a strong password. A strong password is more secure. If your password is not strong then Profit will inform you about this. A strong password has a minimum length of eight characters, and does not contain any (part of) the user name or e-mail address of the user. For example: a user calledcannot use as a password. A strong password contains at least one character from three of the four groups: Upper-case letters (A-Z), lower-case letters (a-z), numbers (0-9) and special characters (such as ! @ # $ %).
If Profit does not perform the check then the administrator has disabled it. This is not possible in AFAS Online, the check is mandatory.
The user can change the password him/herself if you authorise the user for the/ / function.
Block the user if he should not (yet) be able to log on. Blocked users are not counted for the licence. If you create more users than your licence allows, you cannot add the user. In this case, select this check box and then check if you can block another user. After blocking another user, you can remove the block from the new user.
- Click on: .
- Specify the access granted to the user.
- : Access to the Windows part of Profit.
- : This user connects to Profit for using a connector, such as an UpdateConnector. This is only relevant if you have purchased the connector.
- : This user may use the functions BACKUP and RESTORE in the command line (AFASCMD). This option can be used at the same time as the option.
- Command line (AFASCMD) with all functions, with the exception of BACKUP and RESTORE. This option can be used at the same time as the option. : This user may use the
- (only with ASP/AFAS Online): This user has full rights to Microsoft Word for documents and to Microsoft Excel for analysis. (Without these rights the user can only view and print documents and analyses).
- : This user, usually at the accountant, can log on based on a cooperation licence. (only with AFAS Online)
- (Bakeries licence). This user can be defined as a BestelPlus user for the sales contact.
- : An employee with access to Profit Windows, also has access to InSite. You cannot change this field if you have selected the check box. If the employee is only allowed access to InSite, deselect the check box. If necessary you can deselect the check box too, for example if you want to add a command line user.
- Click on: .
Adding a user that already exists in another environment:
If you want to add an existing user from another environment, add this user as a sytem user first. Then convert this user to a regular user.