Set a barcode
You can use different types of barcodes in Profit. The barcode type determines the auto numbering and the way of printing.
Examples are the several EAN codes, the SCSCC barcode, the interleaved code, etc. Per type, Profit checks if what you enter as the barcode matches the standard for the barcode type. If you select, no check will be performed on the barcode entered, however, the print layout will be determined. If you select , no check will be performed on the barcode print layout.
Profit comes with fonts that you can use when printing barcodes in MS Word and MS Excel.
- For printing the SSCC types and code 128, use one of the following fonts: 'CCode 128_S1 through CCode128_S7'. The last digit indicates the print height. S1 is very small and S7 is the largest font.
- To print the EAN8, EAN13, EAN14 and UPC types, use the 'EAN13' font.
To print the 'Interleaved 2/5' and 'Interleaved 2/5 (check digit)' types, use one of the following fonts: 'CCodeI2of5_S1 through CCodeI2of5_S7'. The last digit indicates the print height. S1 is very small and S7 is the largest font. You can also select the 'CCodeI2of5_HS3' font; this prints digits under the barcode.
Set a barcode
- Go to: / / / .
- Click on: .
- In select the file in which the barcode field is located (item, sales contact).
- In Barcode SSCC.
If you select, no check will be performed on the barcode entered, however, the print layout will be determined. If you select , no check will be performed on the barcode print layout.
This type is not copied for existing master data; you must change this yourself via the properties., select the barcode type, for example EAN13 or
- In , enter the barcode you used last. Profit will then increment the numbers automatically. When determining the next barcode, Profit also takes into account the checks to be performed.
- Select the
If you set the barcode after entering master data, Profit does not complete these fields automatically. In that case you must enter a barcode for each sales contact or each article etc yourself. In that case, if you did not select the Changeable check box , you can no longer enter a barcode. Select this check box first, enter the barcodes and then deselect the check box again. check box if you want to be able to change the barcode during input.
- Select the check box if the barcode must be unique within the selected file. Profit does not check that the barcode does not occur in another file.
- Select the check box if the barcode is mandatory for the file selected. If you now open the properties of existing data or if you add new data, you must enter the barcode.
- Select the check box if you want Profit to add a check digit automatically.
- Click on: .