Set up an article for allocation/order planning
You can allocate purchase order lines automatically to a sales order. You set this up per article.
It especially concerns the sales lines for articles for which you do not use the Order Proposal, thus the articles for which the option is set to . The other options, where you do use an , reserve a purchase line for the sales line. Backorder lines also get a purchase line, as is set to 'Yes', is set to 'Yes' and is set to or . If the setting for the order proposal is , you set the sales lines to ‘pending order’ manually. You can allocate these lines manually.
You can also allocate a purchase order line manually or remove the allocation. You can view the allocated purchase order(s) from a sales order. Automatic allocation only works if no order proposal is made from sales.
For an article in a sales order, you use eitheror , not both. You can however create an order proposal from stock replenishment.
To set an article for allocation/order planning:
- Go to: / / .
- Open the article properties or add a new article.
- Go to the tab: .
- In , select the option. Automatic allocation only works if no order proposal is made from sales. You are using either or .
- Select a value for . For example, , to be able to reserve the order using Allocation.
- Select a value for , for example . By doing this, you can also reserve the quantities in pending order.
- Click on: .
- You can now add a sales order and allocate.